Why is Video Marketing Important?
A little over a decade ago, making even a simple marketing video was a somewhat complicated and expensive endeavor. To make the video, you needed a video camera that could shoot high-quality footage and had to use complicated video editing software. Sharing the video with others was difficult, usually requiring you to burn the file to a DVD.
Then, two things happened that changed everything. First, YouTube was created. Suddenly, a platform existed that made it incredibly easy to share a video with the world. Instead of relying on DVDs or hard drives, you could simply upload a video to YouTube and share the link with thousands of people.
Second, the smartphone was invented. Within the span of just a few short years, almost everyone was carrying around a relatively high-quality video camera in their pocket.
Now, anyone can create and share a video in a matter of minutes. And more than ever, people are consuming huge amounts of video.
Consider these staggering statistics:
● People watch more than 1 billion hours of video on YouTube every single day.
● YouTube has more than 2.5 billion users.
● Over 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook daily.
● US residents spend an average of 5 hours per week watching video content – on mobile phones alone.
● One-third of the total online activity is watching videos.
Starting to get the picture? Video is everywhere and everyone is watching it.
The explosion of video represents a huge opportunity for business owners. Consider these stats:
● Video marketing is one of the fastest growing channels of marketing, and arguably has the most potential today.
● Businesses who use video increase their revenue 49% faster than those that don’t.
● 64% of consumers buy something after watching branded social videos.
● Video results in 12 times more social shares than text and images combined.
● Videos posted directly to Facebook have 10x greater organic reach than YouTube links.
● People will retain 95% of a message when they consume it via video as opposed to just 10% when reading the message in text form.
Simply put, businesses that use video marketing achieve greater results than those that don’t. If you want to connect with more customers, expand your brand, and ultimately generate more revenue, you should be using video marketing.
But for many people, the thought of doing video marketing is intimidating. They don’t know where to start and what the best practices are. They’re worried or uncomfortable about getting in front of the camera. And so, they never get started with video marketing.
They don’t take advantage of the enormous opportunity that video presents them.
That’s where we come in. In our blog, you’ll discover simple, easy-to-follow video marketing tips. The goal is to make video marketing relatively easy for you.
Video marketing no longer has to be complicated. You don’t need a big budget, lots of film equipment, or a fancy studio. You can literally just use your smartphone. All that you really need to succeed with video marketing is creativity and determination.
So, are you ready to get started? Please contact us with your questions. Also register here to receive our monthly newsletter where we share information, tips, and free courses. Thank you for reading and please live your life with passion.